Where travel agents earn, learn and save!
News / Holland America unveils new category of extended voyages
these lengthier cruises combine the ceremony of Holland America’s Grand Voyages with itineraries that feature a collections of ports that enrich local experiences
Holland America Line has introduced extended Legendary Voyages to commemorate its historic 150th anniversary this year.
Ranging from 25-59 days, these lengthier cruises combine the ceremony of Holland America’s Grand Voyages with itineraries that feature a collections of ports that enrich local experiences.
Most Legendary Voyages sail roundtrip or to/from a North American homeport. Itineraries are offered on a variety of the line’s ships, bringing guests to Australia and New Zealand, the Amazon and South America, South Pacific and Hawaii, Greenland and Iceland, Asia, Alaska and the Arctic Circle.
Highlights of Legendary Voyages include:
- Three Legendary Voyages are new itineraries for Holland America Line:
- The previously announced 28-day ‘Arctic Circle Solstice’ that heads north to the Arctic Circle and features 11 calls in Alaska, including lesser-visited ports like Nome and Homer
- 53-day ‘Majestic Japan’ with 21 total ports, 13 calls throughout Japan and overnights at Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe
- 28-Day ‘Coral Triangle, Volcanoes and The Great Barrier Reef’ that explores 10 ports in five countries, with scenic cruising in the famed Great Barrier Reef, Torres Strait, and past the Kumba and Krakatau volcanoes
- Destination-rich itineraries focus on a singular region, visiting some of the most unique ports while offering guests an in-depth exploration
- Guests will enjoy the ‘best of’ Grand Voyages onboard programming to further enhance each Legendary Voyage with experiences such as theme parties, memorable sailaways and classic cruise activities
- Shipboard programming is specially curated to share insights into the history and culture of the destinations visited
- Guests have more time in port to experience the nightlife with overnight stays in marquee ports including Anchorage, Alaska; Hobart, Tasmania; Honolulu, Hawaii; Manaus, Brazil; Moorea, French Polynesia; Papeete, Tahiti; Reykjavík, Iceland; and Yokohama (Tokyo) and Kobe, Japan
Holland America Line’s Legendary Voyages:
- 56-Day or 51-day ‘Tales of the South Pacific’ departing September 27 or October 2, 2023, respectively, aboard Volendam. The 56-day is from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, to San Diego, California; the 51-day is roundtrip from San Diego
- 34-Day ‘South Pacific Crossing’ departing October 8, 2023, aboard Noordam. From San Diego to Sydney, Australia
- 28-Day ‘Amazon Explorer’ departing February 17, 2024, aboard Zaandam. Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- 35-Day ‘Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas’ departing February 17, 2024, aboard Koningsdam. Roundtrip from San Diego
- 25-Day ‘South Pacific Crossing’ departing April 6, 2024, aboard Noordam. From Sydney to Vancouver
- 28-Day ‘Arctic Circle Solstice’ departing June 9, 2024, aboard Westerdam. Roundtrip from Seattle, Washington
- 35-Day ‘Voyage of the Vikings’ departing July 20, 2024, aboard Zuiderdam. Roundtrip from Boston, Massachusetts
- 53- or 52-Day ‘Majestic Japan’ departing September 1 or 2, 2024, aboard Westerdam. The 53-day is roundtrip from Seattle; the 52-day is Vancouver to Seattle
- 56- or 51-Day ‘Tales of the South Pacific’ departing September 25 or 30, 2024, aboard Zaandam. The 56-day is from Vancouver to San Diego; the 51-day is roundtrip from San Diego
- 35-Day ‘Australia Circumnavigation’ departing Noveber 17, 2024, aboard Westerdam. Roundtrip from Sydney
- 28-Day ‘Coral Triangle, Volcanoes and The Great Barrier Reef’ departing January 5, 2025, aboard Noordam. Roundtrip from Singapore
- 27-Day ‘Amazon Explorer’ departing February 8, 2025, aboard Zaandam. Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale
- 35-Day ‘Hawaii, Tahiti and Marquesas’ departing February 15, 2025, aboard Koningsdam. Roundtrip from San Diego
- 29-Day ‘South Pacific Crossing’ departing March 30, 2025, aboard Westerdam. From Sydney to Vancouver
Have It All Early Booking Bonus
For a limited time, when guests book a Legendary Voyage with the Have It All premium package, the standard package amenities of US$300 shore excursion credit, three nights’ specialty dining, a Signature Beverage Package and Surf Wi-Fi are included — plus the added perk of free prepaid Crew Appreciation (gratuities), along with free upgrades to the Elite Beverage Package and Premium Wi-Fi. Legendary Voyages can also be combined with other promotional fares and values.
For more information go to hollandamerica.com.