Travel & Selling Tips / Helping your business thrive: Making the most of your ASTA membership
You advocate for your clients, and ASTA advocates for you
As a professional travel advisor, you help people make magical memories. ASTA gives you tools, training, and information to help you do that, and they tell your story. You advocate for your clients, and ASTA advocates for you.
For more than 90 years, ASTA has been travel advisor evangelists—they tell your story to the world, turning consumers into true believers in the value you provide. ASTA is your voice in the nation’s capitol and state capitols around the country, advocating for policies that benefit your business and protecting you from those that don’t.
But what does ASTA do for you, the individual travel advisor or travel business owner? You need the tools to help you attract customers and run your operation more efficiently—and ASTA has got your toolkit.
Here are just a few ways ASTA helps members’ businesses grow and thrive:
- Get consumer leads via the TripQuote feature on ASTA.org—ASTA brings customers to you with travel needs that match your areas of expertise
- Save thousands on employee health insurance through the partnership with Association Health Plans
- Take advantage of preferred pricing on credit card processing from NTC
- Let ADP handle your payroll services and save 25% as an ASTA member
- Get a free trial e-mail marketing campaign from Constant Contact and save up to 25%
- Make local connections with suppliers and fellow advisors through your local ASTA chapter
- Stay current on the latest industry news and information, including updates from suppliers and destinations, with ASTA's Travel Advisor Daily e-newsletter and the timely webinars (watch live or on-demand)
- Display the ASTA logo and show customers your commitment to top-quality service
And so much more!
Whether you’re an independent travel advisor or part of a large agency, you can’t afford not to be a member of ASTA. Not only does ASTA helps you grow your business, but your support means that they can keep doing all the great work on behalf of travel professionals everywhere.
Start taking advantage of all your membership has to offer! If you're not a member, or if your membership is coming to an end, join or renew your ASTA membership here.
Dave Bowman originally wrote this feature for the 2023 Travel Advisor Magazine.