Supplier: Disneyland Resort
Location: United States
Disneyland Resort rings in the Year of the Pig this Lunar New Year at Disney California Adventure Park. The celebration runs from Friday, January 25 – Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Highlights of the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure include:
Mulan’s Lunar New Year Procession
A bright and bold parade hosted by Mulan and her faithful dragon, Mushu, that honors Lunar New Year and celebrates family and friendship. As a special treat for the Year of the Pig, there will be:
• Three Little Pigs (Fiddler, Fifer and Practical) in their full holiday garb
• Goofy in his “god of Good Fortune” attire
• Chip ‘n’ Dale in their red vests
There is a longer processional route this year from Pixar Pier to Paradise Gardens Park. A troupe of Chinese performers bring additional dancers, martial artists and drummers to add extra excitement to the beautiful and colorful procession.
Beloved characters Mulan, Mushu, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie donning their Lunar New Year attire and greeting guests at Paradise Gardens Park.
Four Asian marketplaces offering delightful foods inspired by Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese cultures, all with a Disney twist. New this year is the Sip and Savor pass, if guests wish to get the best value as they taste their way through the festive Asian marketplaces.
• Longevity Noodle Co.
• Lucky 8 Lantern
• Prosperity Bao & Buns
• Red Dragon Spice Traders
A special Lunar New Year menu at Paradise Garden Grill that offers items inspired by traditional Asian fare, plus a new Festival Food and Beverage Cart inside Paradise Gardens.
New this year, the Melody of China ensemble entertains guests with Chinese classical, folk and contemporary music, with a trio of artists that play the yangqin (Chinese dulcimer), pipa (Chinese lute) and Erhu (Chinese fiddle).
Vietnamese artist Dat Nguyen plays traditional and original compositions on classical guitar, lute, flute and melodica at Paradise Garden Bandstand.
• Complimentary arts and crafts with local artisans, including Chinese calligraphy, paper lantern making and face painting
• A Lucky Wishing Wall, where guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future
• Beautiful Lunar New Year décor, including ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese
• New Lunar New Year merchandise inspired by different cultures of East Asia
• Special items all the way from Shanghai Disney Resort, including traditional red envelopes for gift-giving, Minnie Mouse ear headbands, lantern glow wands and more
• Commemorative items with Lunar New Year designs, including a limited-edition pin, adult hoody and tees
In addition, Disneyland Resort is offering special, limited-time ticket and hotel offers during the Lunar New Year celebration, making this an ideal time for guests to visit Disney California Adventure.
To find out more, please visit Disneyland.com