Florida, Air Canada and Air Canada Vacations are partnering up to encourage Canadians to visit the state this 17/18 Winter season.
Travelweek attended Florida’s official press conference at Toronto’s Union Station, where Florida Governor Rick Scott announced a new program for Canadians that includes exclusive 20% discounts on airfare, rental cars and lodging “to help even out the dollar value”. Available on two websites – loveflorida.ca and visitflorida.com – the program gives Canadians another reason to visit the state.
Air Canada Vacations and Air Canada are the official tour operator and airline partner for the new program, offering:
• $40 off flights to Florida (if booked by Nov. 3)
• 25% off Florida vacations throughout November.
Canadian deals also include 20% off on the base rate of weekly and weekend car rentals with Dollar Car Rental, and free night promotions and 20% discounts at a wide number of hotels like:
• Blue Heron Beach Resort in Orlando
• The Don Cesar Hotel in St. Pete Beach
• Beacon South Beach Hotel in Miami Beach
• Sailport Waterfront Suites in Tampa
• Magic Village Resort in Orlando.
As for attractions, Canadians can take advantage of exclusive deals at:
• The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye in Orlando
• Xtreme Action Park in Fort Lauderdale
• TreeUmph! Adventure Course in Bradenton
• Florida Citrus Sports in Orlando.
When asked whether the state has fully recovered from Hurricane Irma, he said “absolutely”. Aside from a 25-mile stretch in the Florida Keys, Florida was largely unaffected. Key West was up and running five days after Irma hit landfall, said Scott, with cruise ships coming into port. Florida’s beaches are once again pristine, amusement parks and restaurants are all open, and state parks – which Scott referred to as the best in the country – are all open for business.