At WSIB, employees are the heart of everything they do
Posted: July 5, 2019
Deadline: July 23, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board has a current job opening for a Travel Specialist.
The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) helps people overcome workplace injuries and illnesses and helps business owners make their workplaces safe and healthy. Their employees are at the heart of what they do.
Bring your enthusiasm and expertise to the WSIB, and they’ll help you achieve your personal and professional goals through meaningful work, development opportunities and a culture of compassion, integrity and teamwork.
• Temporary opportunities up to 12 months in duration
• Hours of work are 9:30am to 5:30pm
Arrange transportation and accommodation for staff travelers; workers and authorized escorts to attend return to work related appointments and authorized assessments using a variety of transportation methods.
Respond effectively to internal and external customer service needs by obtaining and providing information to expedite travel bookings.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Arrange all forms of transportation and accommodation for workers, authorized escorts, staff travelers, and prepare/issue travel documents as required by:
• Verifying entitlement for travel by reviewing authorizations in claimant file
• Researching and coordinating the most appropriate and cost-effective mode of transportation and accommodation on-line, including taxi, independent rail, airline carriers, hotel and car rental
• Creating, modifying and confirming travel arrangements and entitlement with the worker, staff traveler and/or authorized escort
• Issuing itinerary for confirmation of reservations to workers and staff travelers within a specific timeframe
• Creating/maintaining traveler profile on booking system, and other on-line reservation systems outside of the Global Distribution System (GDS), such as Reservia and West-Jet
• Revising/cancelling existing reservations by implementing changes received from business partners, staff travelers or workers
• Maintaining personal information provided in the form of a Corporate Travel Profile for staff travelers and ensure privacy protocols are followed
• Arranging the purchase of out of country travel insurance for staff travelers and workers as well as educating on pre-existing conditions and requirements based on personal criteria;
• Liaising with business partners, suppliers and external stakeholders for requests pertaining to individuals with special medical requests as well as independent living arrangements for accommodation up to 6 months
2. Provide Customer Service to workers and staff travelers relating to their travel needs by:
• Responding to all enquiries regarding their travel needs, general travel procedures, booking status, modifications/cancellations and special requests
• Communicating and providing all travel documentation and itineraries required by workers and staff travelers
• Preparing and issuing rail and bus travel vouchers and warrants
• Providing excellent customer centric service while administering the WSIB guidelines, policies and procedures
3. Arrange for external meeting rooms and/or planning events for corporate events or staff travelers. This includes booking meeting room space, audio equipment, hospitality, catering, seating arrangements.
4. Arrange and submit direct billing for workers and staff travelers to preferred and non-preferred hotels and request negotiated WSIB rates. Prepare credit applications for non-contracted hotels for manager approval and obtain new provider numbers.
5. Investigate and manage travel issues with accommodation and transportation providers by:
• Cancelling, changing or producing new travel bookings
• Investigating and resolving any issues with problem files in the GDS and ensuring restoration of reservation is complete
• Tracking, maintaining and reviewing travel log of travelers and ensure that outstanding air, rail, and ground transportation credits are collected and reconciled
• Receive and investigate incoming complaints regarding service by providers
6. Process and reconcile vendor/agent billings by:
• Accessing reservation files to verify tickets processed to protect against fraud
• Performing a review of the Airline Billing Account (ABA) data, identifying and correcting errors and omissions, and reconciling the data transmission to monthly accounts payable (ledger)
• Clarifying and resolving complex account reconciliation problems with Accounts Payable
• Submitting manual supplier invoicing through online Account Payable systems
7. Perform other related duties as assigned or required, including, but not limited to:
• Keeping current on systems enhancements, travel industry changes and WSIB policies and procedures
• Upgrading booking system with information from travel service provider regarding ticket finishing, procedures, refunds, ticket exchanges , new airlines and airline routes
• Notifying travel service providers of any technical problems with travel management system or similar
Professional Requirements and Qualifications
• Post secondary diploma up to two years in Travel & Tourism/Travel or Hospitality program and TICO certification
• Total three years and five months experience
• Two years prior experience in the travel industry
• One year and five months experience on the job to reach full working level
As a precondition of employment, the WSIB will require a prospective candidate to undergo a criminal records name check prior to or at any time following hire.
To apply for this position, please submit your application by July 23 at wsib.ca.
They appreciate the interest of all candidates. Due to the volumes of applications they receive, they are only able to contact candidates that are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
The WSIB is an equal opportunity employer and provides accommodation for job applicants in accordance with the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact email@example.com.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, please provide your accommodation needs at that time. Please be advised that you may be required to provide medical documentation to the WSIB’s Corporate Health Department so that appropriate accommodation can be provided to you throughout the recruitment process.
Personal information will be collected from your resume, application, cover letter and references under the authority of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997 and will be used by the Talent Acquisition Centre and WSIB hiring parties to assess/validate your qualifications and/or determine if you meet the requirements of vacant positions and/or gather information relevant for recruitment purposes.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal information, contact the WSIB Privacy Office, 200 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5V 3J1 or 416-344-5323 or 1-800-387-0750 extension 5323.
Be advised that information related to application status will not be provided.