Join Goway Travel's creative team
Poted: October 2, 2018
Deadline: October 16, 2018
Location: Toronto, ON
Since 1970, Goway Travel has been inspiring Globetrotters to discover new destinations, growing to become a leader in travel experiences covering Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Africa, the Middle East, Europe, and Latin America, along with idyllic islands and polar destinations around the world. Goway has a global presence with our head office in Toronto and branches in Vancouver, Los Angeles, Manila and Sydney, Australia.
The Product department is primarily responsible for all aspects of Goway product selection, pricing and promotion. The department also develops and maintains co-operative partnerships with airlines, tourist boards and vacation product suppliers, and is responsible for internal and external training on the Goway product range.
Product, Costing, and Marketing Responsibilities:
• Effectively manage brand’s product portfolio through all stages of product life cycle and proactively drive product consistency across the company
• Maintain expert knowledge of existing and new product and market awareness. This extends to a strong familiarity with relevant destination airlines, routes and key north American gateways
• Product portfolio responsibilities include all product selections, costing and copy-writing. Image selection where required
• Negotiate, and manage, contributions for brochures in conjunction with General Manager.
• Negotiate the best pricing and offers with suppliers/DMCs to gain competitive advantage and maximize margins. This includes competitive & timely offers to drive leads to the sales teams
• Responsible for maintaining current and up to date pricing in the reservation system, Goway.com and Gowayagent.com. This includes air/land packages and product content featured on Gowayagent
• Negotiate contracts with suppliers and work with operations to ensure all relevant contracts are loaded
• Manage any updates, specials, fixes and changes to contract in the reservations system as well as any web sites
• Maintain updated information on the new intranet and other internal staff resources.
• Analyze product reports. Identify market opportunities, promote preferred partners and source new and relevant product as applicable
• Adhere to deadlines (such as brochure production, monthly specials and operational procedures)
• Provide content and collaborate closely with the Marketing department to produce product offers for ongoing promotions, campaigns, annual brochure, web specials, e-zines, any ad hoc flyer or any other collateral as business needs arises for both retail and wholesale departments
• Develop co-op Marketing Agreements with key suppliers, tourism boards and airlines in conjunction with General Manager and Marketing
• Contribute editorial to Globetrotting Magazine, Goway.com and Gowayagent.com blogs and write press releases with the assistance of marketing team
• Monitor competitors and provide analysis
Training and Staff Support:
• Destination training and resources for new staff, and to all sales teams on an ongoing basis
• Training should be on general destination, brochure product, Goway.com product and resources, preferred products and suppliers
• Prepare weekly quizzes and annual Experts exam
• Liaise with visiting suppliers to set up relevant training (in conjunction with trainer)
• Set up webinar training with remote suppliers as needed
• Develop, and keep updated, destination training manual
• Arrange fam trips for staff/agents to key destination ensuring best deals
• Supply full back-up documentation to retail/wholesale staff before any promotions or campaigns
• Product support for destination specialist teams
• Provide weekly product updates in team meeting
• Work with customer service team to resolve complaints related to product/services
Consumer and Trade Presentations:
• Create PowerPoint presentations for your destination
• Present to trade or consumers as required, in person or via webinars
• Attend trade shows as required (international and domestic)
• Communicate, exemplify and project company goals and the “Goway Ways”
Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum three years experience within the travel industry in a product/ marketing role.
• A certificate/diploma in Travel & Tourism; or a combination of experience, education and training equivalent to a diploma
• Proven track record in Product and Marketing
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, communication and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of GDS and air selling skills an advantage.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties as assigned from time to time to meet the ongoing and changing needs of the organization.