Trends That Will Make 2018 the Most Adventurous Year Yet!
Adventure travel pioneers Exodus Travels predict this year’s hottest travel trends inspiring travellers to explore the world in a way they’ve never imagined possible.
Top 10 Travel Trends for 2018
1. Dietary Restrictions are No Longer Travel Restrictions
As dietary restrictions increase, limited culinary options while travelling around the globe are decreasing. Those who are Celiac no longer have to stress over having to find gluten-free pizza in Sicily and vegans can rest easy knowing they’ll be able to find plenty of delicious and healthy options on the streets of Hoi An. Exodus offers a collection of tours that balance the finest eats with calorie-burning activities like hiking and cycling to the next epicurean indulgence.
2. The Rise of the Responsible Traveller
With 44 years of expertise, Exodus continues to be a leader in responsible tourism and through The Inspiration Project sent over 2,340 children who wouldn’t normally get the chance to enjoy the wonders located in their own backyard that tourists flock to on exciting, educational day trips throughout 2017, from safaris through Kenya’s wilds to the breathtaking Taj Mahal.
3. Set-Jetting to Hollywood’s Most Anticipated Blockbusters
Hollywood has proven time and time again that the year’s biggest blockbuster hits will inspire travellers to get off their couches to be cast in the leading roles of their own active vacations – exploring filming locations, setting inspirations and visiting the real-life destinations that their favourite characters and A-list celebrities have stepped foot in.
Some of the hottest destinations to visit according to Hollywood’s much-anticipated releases in 2018 include:
• The Alchemist – Ancient temples and tombs of Egypt
• Tomb Raider – Table Mountain in Cape Town
• Solo: A Star Wars Story – Striking mountain ranges in Italy, the Dolomites
• Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The tropical island paradise of Hawaii
• Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again – Croatia’s Dalmatian Coast
• M:I 6 – Mission Impossible – Jagged edges and breathtaking fjords of Norway
4. “Fit-Cations” are the Next Ultimate Active Adventure
A ‘Fit-Cation’ is perfect for active travellers that crave a challenge to burn calories and push their limits, while still enjoying the breathtaking scenery and the culture of an incredible destination. Exodus is helping travellers leave behind the cramped downtown studio for stress relieving yoga in the open air of the French Alps, swapping the rowing machine for the open water, kayaking beneath the Pont d’Arc on the Ardeche River and much more!