What is the difference?
When you choose a destination wedding, there are many people involved whose job it is to make a wedding day as memorable as it can be.
A travel agent and a wedding planner are both important people to rely on when planning your destination wedding.
Key differences between the two roles you should know:
• A travel agent works for client. A wedding planner works for the resort where the wedding will be held.
• Travel agent will work with the couple to find the perfect destination wedding and venue for the wedding. A wedding planner will take care of the details from there. Remember, the travel agent knows the destination wedding world, and can recommend places with the best wedding planners on staff.
• An experienced destination wedding travel agent will make sure all the travel arrangements for the couple and their guests run smoothly. The wedding planner will be able to plan onsite activities—or even a look-through for a pre-wedding trip to the venue.
• The agent and planner will work closely together, especially at the beginning. The travel agent will get in contact with the wedding planner to secure the necessary date, and the planner will confirm that date with the travel agent.
• When it comes to having a destination wedding, there are a lot of logistics, like legalities and religious customs. This is another area where the two roles will tag-team to make sure everything is in order. After you discuss your wishes with the travel agent, they will work with the wedding planner to make it happen.
• A travel agent will be able to tell you and all your guests about legalities for your destination wedding, like your marriage license and if a visa is required to enter the country. The wedding planner, as the local expert, can help out with issues such as how to hire the proper wedding officiant.
• Got an emergency? There will be someone to handle it. Your travel agent will take care of all travel-related emergencies, and you can expect your wedding planner to solve any on-site issues that pop up.
For more information visit vacation.com