Hot spots in Kauai, the Island of Hawaii, Oahu, and Maui
Though snowstorms and icy weather are winter norms in much of North America, Hawaii enjoys plentiful sunshine and balmy tropical temperatures year-round. World-class resorts throughout the islands promote special packages to entice visitors to their pools, beaches and spas.
Winter is the perfect time to plan a getaway to Hawaii, and here are some of the most exciting new options for travellers looking to book a trip:
Koa Kea Hotel and Resort at Poipu Beach recently launched its ‘Island Splendor’ package, offering guests several amenities designed for relaxation and rejuvenation.
• Koloa Rum Sunset Mai Tai in-room experience
• Private sunset dinner sail with views of the magnificent Na Pali Coast
• 5-course wine-pairing dinner crafted by chef Noelani Planas at its restaurant, Red Salt
• ‘Hawaiian Renewal’ couple’s massage in a private oceanfront cabana
• Keepsake Koa Kea spa robe
Hokuala is having a grand opening with a ‘Play and Stay’ package. A Timbers Resort offers travellers an opportunity to experience the new Kauai property firsthand and enjoy world-class golfing on the resort’s Jack Nicklaus signature golf course.
The package includes:
• 4-night stay in a private oceanview residence
• 3 rounds of golf/person
• Private roundtrip airport transfers
• Daily breakfast
• Keepsake Koa Kea spa robe
Maverick Helicopters has expanded its tour operations in Kauai with the addition of two aerial adventures.
1. 50-minute Kauai Explorer flight takes guests along the iconic Na Pali Coast and dramatic Waimea Canyon.
2. 25-minute Kauai Discovery tour is an abbreviated version of the itinerary over the island’s western section.
Island of Hawaii
Mauna Kea Resort recently launched its ‘Bee Mauna Kea’ initiative where guests can enjoy an hour-long tour of the resort’s beehives, complete with beekeeping suits for everyone on the tour.
The experience includes:
• Demonstration of how the property’s Flow hives work
• Some bee fun facts from the resort’s resident beekeeper
• A wellness check of the hive
• A honey pull if the hive is ready to harvest
• Raw honey tasting
• Guests also receive a jar of Mauna Kea Resort Honey
The Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha’s Kona Beach Hotel is inviting guests to rent one of the property’s all-new cabana and daybed for some time in the sun (or out of it) this winter.
Cabana and daybed rentals offer beachfront views of Kailua Bay, pupus (appetizers) and cocktail service provided by hotel staff.
Bike Volcano recently announced the launch of its guided bicycle tours of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
Guests can reserve:
• 15-mile ‘Full-Day Bike Adventure’ from 10:00am – 3:00pm
• 8.5-mile ‘Summit Special Bike Tour’ from 10:00am – 1:00pm, or 12:00pm – 3:00 p.m
Following a $35 million renovation, Queen Kapiolani Hotel reopened in October 2018 with a new mid-century retro vibe including artwork and prints from the 1960s sourced from Bishop Museum.
The independent boutique hotel is the only property in Waikiki that offers:
• Unobstructed views of the rugged slopes of Diamond Head
• Unobstructed views of the rugged slopes of the lush greenery of Kapiolani Park
• Unobstructed views of the the white sands and blue waters of Waikiki Beach
• Third-floor pool deck, home to international culinary group Plan Do See’s first Hawaii concept, DECK
The Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, which sits on 23 oceanfront acres along popular Kaanapali Beach, completed a $26.5 million dollar renovation that transformed the resort’s 508 guest rooms and suites over the summer to celebrate its 55th anniversary.
• 665-square-foot Ohana (Family) Suites with double beds, pull-down wall beds and spacious bathrooms
• Executive chef Lyndon Honda oversees the resort’s allnew signature restaurant, ROCKsalt
• Newly renovated Alii Suite for weddings and honeymoons
• At The Spa at Black Rock, a new signature facial incorporates products from Ola Tropical Apothecary line
• Guests can create their own customized bath rituals using Hawaiian plants and ingredients at the spa’s Ola Blend Bar
• enjoy the traditional nightly sunset cliff-diving ceremony and activities such as snorkelling, paddle boarding and more at the Kaanapali Surf Club
See how your clients can benefit at Koa Kea Hotel & Resort in Kauai HERE.